Healing our family bloodline
Time & Location
About The Event
Breathe - Monthly People of Colour group
5:45 Doors open for guided meditation
6:00 Welcome and checking in from people around the world
6:30 Presentation and breakout rooms
7:30 Muna Light and Usu'ra - healing through embodied healing and sound
Hosted by William Fley
Skywalker Payne invites you to celebrate seven decades of learning by honoring our ancestors through an energy healing practice. This practice is from the Toltec tradition to heal seven generations of your ancestors. After receiving this healing, Skywalker experienced an emotional transformation of freedom and empowerment.
Who is Skywalker Payne? Founder of Vibrant Velvet Voice Productions, a multi-faceted online business –
The summer protests of 2020, led Skywalker to begin the project, R.A.C.E.S. – Race A Concept Explored in Story. She offers story circles to organizations, businesses, and communities and produces online creative, educational events.
· Poetry published by Broadside Press and Third World Press
· Newspaper Editor and Activist, Greenville, SC
· Director of Austin Women’s Peace House, Austin, Texas
· Summa cum Laude Storytelling Degree from Metropolitan University of Denver, Colorado
· Iowa Artist in Residence and Humanities Iowa Speaker
· Worked as a labor and delivery nurse in the Hopi and Navajo Nations in Arizona
· Taught Kriya Hatha Yoga and Mindfulness
· Certified Reiki Master
· Author of All That Is, Dance of Mindfulness & Gratitude and Breathing Through the Eye of a Needle, Stories of Living in the
Releasing the Old – Making Space for the New
During this New Year Healing session, we will be creating a safe and sacred space for you to release the old and shed what is no longer needed in your lives in order to bring in the new.
In this healing space, we will be using breathwork, embodied visualisation before immersing into a sound healing in order to set our intentions for 2022.
Muna Light & Usu’ra
Usu’ra is a Shamanic Energy Healer who works with you to develop and reignite your own energetic gateways; connecting you to your own innate wisdom and knowledge in order to live an embodied and integrated life full of healing, self-love and self-empowerment.
“When we live an embodied and integrated life, we can hold the essence of the Cosmos within us thus creating a life of love and connection to ourselves and with the world around us.”
Muna is a sound healer whose worked organically with her voice incorporating from crystal healing, sound baths, meditation, organic shamanism for over 20 years.
She works with The Gaiadon Heart; Lemurian Healing; SomaEnergetics whole body tunning; healing Hertz; celestial realms and various other healing modalities.
Integrating them as channelled through her, and as she works with you, her guides and yours to elevate; restore self-love and align you with your highest good. Healing at a cellular level and shifting energetic blocks or traumas which no longer serves you from your auric field inwards.
What is a heart circle? A heart circle is a form of healing and connection that is generated by a honest and sincere way to be all inclusive, and present to people's path and process. It is offered with a sense of connection to traditions which connect us to our ingrained humanity, our sense of inter-connectedness with the earth, and our journey into the extraordinary. In these gatherings we can connect in ways which are traditional to indigenous cultures, using our life experiences, truths and convictions as our main tool. We can transport into the world of our ancestors, connect with our higher power with a sense of group empowerment through ritual movement and storytelling.
The 7 intentions for POC groups.
• Community: a unique and safe environment where you are held. Where you can begin to explore areas of identity such as the intersection of sexuality, race, gender, class, disability, without judgement. To establish connection, celebration and value.
• Meditation: an opportunity to explore and discuss our racialised bodies and a framework that contains, affirms and nourishes opportunities for spiritual growth.
• Transcendence: to deconstruct and identify the oppressive power structures that govern the psyche and the ideas that perpetuate them. Construct a positive and affirmative healing environment.
• Affirming: to awaken and strengthen the potential within our lives and the people of colour environment, and to attain a sense of belonging.
• Ownership: grounding, knowing and seeing the truth, acknowledging our own complicity in maintaining these structures and the denial that allows us to continue life as usual.
• Compassion: transcend and understand the concept of intersectionality and foster a sense of belonging, respect and responsible ethics.
• Insight and Wisdom: to cultivate a sense of self investment and to see for ourselves the value and meaning of a life based on awakening and potential.
Cost: Free with Membership or £10 single ticket or £20 for 2 people, or £30 support us
Free with Breathworks annual membership
The Mindfulness Network for People of Colour (MNPC) is a small, not-for-profit independent organisation established in 2018 in the UK by William Fley. MNPC is made up of our community leaders, committee board members, peer group facilitators, key volunteers and project coordinators.
We are happy to announce a collalboration with Breathworks- please let us know if you are member of Breathworks and you will have your admission covered within your yearly Breathworks membership.
We are not associated with any political, religious or institutional organization.
We are dedicated to making a kinder, wiser world by making transformational education widely available.
We want everyone to have access to transformative tools such as mindfulness, emotional awareness and self-compassion regardless of economic, social or physical challenges. Our events are led by gifted and exceptional BAME teachers from various backgrounds who can connect with the BAME and the LGBT experience. And people who want to practice together and develop a meditative practice to build a better life for themselves and those around them.
2021 Breathe Programme
January 3rd : Skywalker Payne and Muna Light
February 7th : Eugene Ellis
March 7th : Rashid Hughes
April 4th : Vimalasara Mason John
May 2nd: Dr Rehena Harilall
June 6th : William Fley and Rhonda Magee
September 5th : Vanessa Sibanda
October 3rd : Professor Cre Dye and William Fley
November 7st: Barbara Soltero/William Fley/singhashri Gazmuri
December 6th : Dr Erica McInnis