Taster For Breathworks' Mindfulness for Stress 8 week course
Time & Location
About The Event
"Mindfulness for Stress online" Taster for Colour, pilot 6-week course,
based on the esteemed Brathworks course:
This is a 6-week programme based on 3 hours per week of group work, guided meditations, presentations, mindful movement and homework assignments. It will explore the process of bringing awareness to the body to facilitate lifelong tools which become second nature.
This course is set for over 6 weeks.
Session 1: Friday the 15th October
Session 2 : Friday 22 October
Session 3: Friday 29 October
Session 4 : Friday 5th November
Session 5 : Friday 12th November
Session 7: Friday 26th November
A change for "Breathespace" Breathworks Mindfulness
We open the doors at 5:45
We meet and welcome you at 6:00
Breatheworkds Taster session 6:30
Please note that the timing of the event allows for those residents in the USA to participate.
Sessions on Sunday will start at 6pm
(UK - GMT) (1am US - EST)
About the event:
“When we live an embodied and integrated life, we can hold the essence of the Cosmos within us thus creating a life of love and connection to ourselves and with the world around us.”
We warmly invite you to join us as we create an inclusive community of practice for deepening our work ahead together. This event will be a closed, safe space, for People Of Colour to come together, heal, and be empowered. Together, through inquiry, talks and mindfulness practices, discussion, and sound energy healing and shamanism.
- We explore heart-level intention to humanize personal and collective trauma.
- We explore patterns around noticing, accepting, investigating and confronting bias and facing injustice - in our daily lives and the world.
- We examine how mindfulness supports all of us, inwardly and outwardly, to create an equitable world without compromising equanimity, compassion and our experience of common humanity.
- To raise awareness of trauma imprints and to lend context to experiences often pathologized rather than understood within a broader ecology of relationships and events.
- Somatic (body-first) approaches are central in our healing and reconnection.
Hosted byShazia Chaudhry Breathworks coordinator
Shazia Chaudhry is an accredited Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress Teacher based in London. Shazia's Mindfulness journey began in in 2013, when she trained with the Mindfulness in School Project to become a .B Teacher. Shazia has delivered Mindfulness, in Schools to young people, Teachers, Social Workers, Foster Carers, Media based organisations and has also run community-based programmes.
Compassion and kindness are at the heart of Shazia's practice, she would like us all to learn how to be kinder to ourselves and quieten the inner critic that we all carry within us. Mindfulness has enabled Shazia to reman grounded, come back to the body and breath; it has enabled her to manage her own levels of stress and anxiety.William Fley - Founder and Chief Executive,
William is a clinician in private practice with a speciality in 'Absent fathers' and trauma. A fully accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and Breathworks Mindfulness, he is the founder of MNPC. He holds Master's degrees from Birkbeck College, the University of London and Roehampton University. Working within community organisations in marginalized communities, William aims to bring awareness of racialized trauma through mindfulness-based interventions. He continues to pursue his passion to eliminate cultural and other barriers to accessing mindfulness by encouraging cultural awareness and responsiveness.
Raphael works as:
- Integrative Psychotherapist in private practice.
- Counsellor and Course/Workshop Teacher for UK LGBT mental health organisation Rainbow Mind, including supporting those who also may identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic.
- Resident Life Development Coach at Amaravati Wellness Center, Thailand.
- Teacher of Mindfulness and Compassion Focused Meditation.
The 7 intentions from the heart
· Our sessions are both unique and provided by inspiring teachers with giving from their heart and professional experience.
· We engage in somatic practices and tools to engage our body intelligence and healing capacity
· Engagement and promoting curiosity and non-judgment on how to re-imagine how we live & relate with pain and trauma
· Opportunities to connect with all of our experience and welcome others from the heart.
· Creative, engaging, innovative ways of connecting back to sounds through crystal bowles experience
· Paradigm-shifting ideas and perspectives, and exploration of other ways of knowing and being in our bodies and in relationship
· Experiential atonement and alignment through sound and energy healing and energy shifting and clearing
We aim to make this retreat accessible to all people of colour, regardless of their financial /personal circumstances. For most people, we suggest that the standard or concessionary rate of £20/£10 will be most appropriate. However if your finances are circumstances allow, we invite you to send us an email for a free ticket. This is on a 'first come, first served basis' and requires just a simple request.
Cost: £10 members or £20 Standard or £50 support us
Free with Breathworks annual membership
Mission Statement :
The MNPC mission is to provide accessibility and transformational tools for people of colour
Breathespace guest speakers list
September 5th : Breathwork taster session for 6 week course
October 3rd : Professor Cre Dye
November 7st: Dr Erica McInnis
January 3rd : Skywalker Payne and Muna and Usu'ra
March 6th : Eugene Ellis- the race conversation
Your sponsorship of this event would be invaluable in helping to make this and our other events possible and accessible.
The Breathspace 1st Sunday group requires the work of a team of volunteers who freely give their time over several months for the benefit of the POC community. Please email us and we will be happy to take you through the sponsorship process. Contributions of any amount would be much appreciated. You may also specify whether you wish your sponsorship to be used specifically to provide free spaces for others.
To Register Interest, email us:
What is 'Breathworks?: -