Sun, 11 Sept|
Breathworks (POC) - Mindfulness for health
This course is for anyone suffering with pain, illness, fatigue, or who would like to learn simple practices to endorse a positive approach to health and habits
Time & Location
11 Sept 2022, 16:00 – 30 Oct 2022, 18:00
About The Event
Breathworks (POC) Mindfulness for health course
8 week on-line course
Sunday's, 4:00-6:00 PM (GMT)
11 Sept, 16:00 – 30 Oct, 18:00
Mindfulness has very much become a key work in peoples lives in varied degrees it is shaping our sense of awareness and also gifts of learning how to manage, contain and even reprogram our habitual approach and relationship with our bodies. For people of colour pain, illness and trauma is something which is historical with oppression, racism and even mistrust of services. There are extra layers around trust and governance of services, accessibility and relevance. In this first cohort of the Breathworks program for people of colour we are endeavouring to rise our collective energy fused with an evidence based program with in relation to our health.
This course is a closed space for people of colour who are suffering with pain, illness, fatigue, or simply as preventive medicine. Through simple movements and habit releasers, we learn that our thoughts, approach and governance over agencies of our health is possible. We warmly invite you into this exciting possibilities.
The course was designed by Vidyamala Burch, based on over 30 years’ experience of managing severe chronic pain with mindfulness. Breathworks mindfulness is now an international charity with a proven record of helping thousand of people make better life style choices for them selves.
About the course:
An 8-week Course delivered in eight, weekly online sessions by an experienced Breathworks teacher.
While this online course offers live weekly learning sessions, it is also accessible for those who need a more ‘in your own time’ approach to learning due to the combination of online learning tools and approaches that are used.
How do I take part?
- Join a weekly live online learning session
- Watch, listen to and read learning materials for each week
- Practise with the meditations - 10 minutes twice a day, for six out of seven days, over the eight weeks of the course
- Talk to your classmates and teacher online about how you’re finding the course and how the meditations, mindfulness, and compassion practices are affecting your health and general well-being
- Suitbale for beingers.
What will I learn?
- Skills to ease the suffering associated with pain, fatigue and ill health
- Mindfulness and compassion techniques for calm, concentration, pain relief, and happiness
- Tips from modern Chronic Pain management techniques to manage pain and health issues to improve your health and the quality of your life
- New strategies and approaches every week
- A colective and support group and growing community. A group of fellow course participants from around the UK and the world
- All the content of the 8-Week Mindfulness for Health course on our virtual learning platform, so you can also access learning resources and practice guidance at any time, from any time zone
- Group discussion forums where you can share reflections and questions with your teacher and course supporters between the live sessions.
- Unlimited access to the course materials after your course has ended - you can revisit the course content and practices as often as you want!
Sponsored spaces : With evidence of need
Find out more about the content of the Mindfulness for Health Course here.
Presenter: William Fley
(MA, PG.Dip, MBACP Accredited, BSsP)
I am therapist investigating key elements of health with POC settings, and how we can bring our own medicine and linages of goodness into this space. In the past i've suffered from depression, isolation, loveliness . chronic fatigue and the impact of racism and othering. I've learned through this program that much of this can be regulated, manged and altered and that mind over matter and is possible. If I can overcome the adversities and challenges of my past and history so can you.
Please apply for this ticket if you are struggling and willing to participate on the whole course£0.00